Friday, February 27, 2009

Iban G.

Think it was 2000 or 2001 when we met this strong as a bull Basque climber. He was here in Jyväskylä doing some kind of a job training to become a certified electrician. If I remember correctly all they let Iban do here was some garden work. Closest he got to actual electricity work was changing light bulbs... There is some pictures in Iban's blog from his time here.

On one of the pictures we are gluing Forte's jug back on. Well actually Juha is. I'm on top of the rock... It's a shame that the hold came of in a first place. It was a very special climb. Now that the hold has come of again it's maybe a bit harder but not so nice to climb. It actually stirred quite a conversation at slouppi if it was OK to reinforce or glue holds back. I still don't know the answer. Maybe in some cases it's OK, but in Forte's probably not since it goes without.
  

La Rhume Folle from Marko Kauko on Vimeo.

A short video of the man himself in Fontainebleau, Bas Cuvier. Don't remember the year anymore. Maybe 2002? Good old days!

3 comments:

Tommy said...

Supermagee pätkä!

Johan Rapakko said...

Moikah!
My name is Johan, living in Gothenburg Sweden. Me and my girlfriend will go to finland 2 weeks in summer, middle of July, in keuruu close to Jyväskylä. I would like to climb some those two weeks and I hope maybe you boys would like to or if you can help me find some. I prefer bouldering but also some sportclimbing is nice. Please help me. My email is rapakko@junis.org. Best regards, johan

BaGsiE said...

aika puskasta lähti toi NWA... hiukan repesin täällä töissä.